Miffed over Verdict, Prosecutor Slaps Judge Outside Courtroom in Nagpur
Senior civil judge K R Deshpande alleged that assistant public prosecutor D M Parate slapped him outside the courtroom, a police official quoted the judge's complaint.
Image for representation.
Nagpur (Maharashtra): A sessions court judge was allegedly assaulted by an assistant prosecutor in a court premises here in Maharashtra on Wednesday, a police official said.
The incident took place around noon outside a lift on the seventh floor of the district sessions court, he said.
Senior civil judge K R Deshpande alleged that assistant public prosecutor D M Parate slapped him outside the courtroom, Sadar police station in-charge Sunil Bonde told reporters, quoting the judge's complaint.
The accused was apparently miffed over a decision taken by the judge in a case, he said.
An investigation was on into the incident, police said, adding that no arrest was made so far.
When contacted, district government pleader Nitin Telgote condemned the incident.
"He (the accused) should not have done this. If he had any grievances, he should have taken it up in a proper manner...the society does not expect this from lawyers," Telgote told PTI.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- This 91-Year-Old Couple's 72nd Wedding Anniversary Photoshoot is Melting Hearts Online
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge