MIG 27 Crashes Near Pokhran Range in Rajasthan, Pilot Ejects Safely
A MIG 27 aircraft airborne from Jaisalmer crashed during a routine mission. The pilot, however, was ejected successfully
A MIG-27 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed in Rajasthan. (Image: Twitter)
Jaipur: A MIG-27 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed on Tuesday in Eta village in Pokhran tehsil of Rajasthan's Jaisalmer district, a defence official said.
The pilot, however, was ejected successfully, said Defence spokesperson Col Sombit Ghosh.
"A MIG 27 aircraft airborne from Jaisalmer crashed during a routine mission today evening. Pilot ejected safely. A Court of Inquiry will investigate the cause of the accident," Ghosh said.
No casualty has been reported so far, and a police team is in touch with the Air Force officials.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netflix is Now Listing Top 10 Most Viewed Movies And TV Shows in India
- Strangers Can Get Access to Your Private WhatsApp Groups, Here’s How to Stop Them
- Anup Jalota Makes Fiery Remarks Against Paras Chhabra Over His Possible Marriage with Jasleen Matharu
- 'Don't Mess with Aunty National': Smriti Irani Wins Trump Meme Battle with Epic Response
- Azam Khan 'Handles' Run Out Attempt in PSL With Inverted Bat, Bizarre Technique Inspires Memes