MIG 27 Crashes Near Pokhran Range in Rajasthan, Pilot Ejects Safely
A MIG 27 aircraft airborne from Jaisalmer crashed during a routine mission. The pilot, however, was ejected successfully
A MIG-27 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed in Rajasthan. (Image: Twitter)
Jaipur: A MIG-27 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed on Tuesday in Eta village in Pokhran tehsil of Rajasthan's Jaisalmer district, a defence official said.
The pilot, however, was ejected successfully, said Defence spokesperson Col Sombit Ghosh.
"A MIG 27 aircraft airborne from Jaisalmer crashed during a routine mission today evening. Pilot ejected safely. A Court of Inquiry will investigate the cause of the accident," Ghosh said.
No casualty has been reported so far, and a police team is in touch with the Air Force officials.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live
- Deepika Padukone's 'Daddie' Remark for Ranveer Singh Has Fans Guessing if She's Pregnant
- Here's Why Chris 'Thor' Hemsworth Wished Shamita Shetty on Her Birthday
- Gay Penguin Parents Who Tried to Hatch Stone Get Presented With Real Egg
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and Surface Book 2 Firmware Update Causing CPU Issues