MIG 27 Crashes Near Pokhran Range in Rajasthan, Pilot Ejects Safely
A MIG 27 aircraft airborne from Jaisalmer crashed during a routine mission. The pilot, however, was ejected successfully
A MIG-27 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed in Rajasthan. (Image: Twitter)
Jaipur: A MIG-27 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed on Tuesday in Eta village in Pokhran tehsil of Rajasthan's Jaisalmer district, a defence official said.
The pilot, however, was ejected successfully, said Defence spokesperson Col Sombit Ghosh.
"A MIG 27 aircraft airborne from Jaisalmer crashed during a routine mission today evening. Pilot ejected safely. A Court of Inquiry will investigate the cause of the accident," Ghosh said.
No casualty has been reported so far, and a police team is in touch with the Air Force officials.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Shares Saturday Night Expectation vs Reality Post
- Watch: Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Watch: Zoo Shares First Glimpse of Kiki, a Baby Red Panda