Mild Tremors Felt in Delhi-NCR After Earthquake of 5.8 Magnitude Rocks Afghanistan
The epicenter of the earthquake that occurred at 6:15 AM was 50 km from Taleqan, which is situated in the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan.
New Delhi: Mild tremors were felt in the Delhi-NCR region early Thursday morning after an earthquake of 5.8 magnitude jolted the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan, the Indian Meteorological Department reported.
According to United States Geological Survey, the epicenter of the earthquake that occurred at 6:15 AM was 50 km from Taleqan, which is situated in the Hindu Kush region.
The Hindu Kush Himalayan Mountain range is spread over 3,500 km across eight countries, spanning from Afghanistan in the west to Myanmar in the east.
An earthquake of this magnitude is of moderate class and can cause slight damage to infrastructure.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Smriti Irani Reveals Why She is Jealous of 'Bro' and Fitness Guru Micky Mehta in Insta Post
- Hrithik Roshan, Sussanne Khan Step Out Together for Sunday Brunch with Kids, See Pics
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day