Militant Killed in Encounter With Security Forces in J&K's Budgam
Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Bugam area of Budgam district in central Kashmir on Sunday morning following inputs about the presence of militants there.
Image for representation
Srinagar: A Hizbul Mujahideen (HM) militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Budgam district of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday, a police official said.
Acting on a credible input, a cordon and search operation was launched jointly by police and security forces at Bugam in Chadoora area, the official said.
He said during the search operation, a militant fired on the search party.
The fire was retaliated to, leading to an encounter in which the militant was killed and his body was recovered along with arms and ammunition.
The militant has been identified as Hilal Bhat from Armulla area of Pulwama district of south Kashmir, the official said.
Bhat was affiliated with the proscribed outfit HM and was involved in several terror cases, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch | Son Heung-min Scores Solo Stunner as Tottenham Hotspur Crush Burnley 5-0
- Panipat Box Office Day 1: Arjun Kapoor, Kriti Sanon's Film Has a Slow Start
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Kartik-Bhumi-Ananya Promise Plenty Laughs
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli