Militant Killed in Encounter With Security Forces in J&K's Budgam
Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Bugam area of Budgam district in central Kashmir on Sunday morning following inputs about the presence of militants there.
Image for representation
Srinagar: A Hizbul Mujahideen (HM) militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Budgam district of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday, a police official said.
Acting on a credible input, a cordon and search operation was launched jointly by police and security forces at Bugam in Chadoora area, the official said.
He said during the search operation, a militant fired on the search party.
The fire was retaliated to, leading to an encounter in which the militant was killed and his body was recovered along with arms and ammunition.
The militant has been identified as Hilal Bhat from Armulla area of Pulwama district of south Kashmir, the official said.
Bhat was affiliated with the proscribed outfit HM and was involved in several terror cases, he added.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Perform Dangerous Bike Chase Stunts on Portugal's Highest Peak for War
- 3-Year-Old ‘Very Good’ Pomeranian Dog Abandoned in Kerala Over ‘Illicit Relationship’
- Fan Shares Akshay Kumar’s Picture from 1997, His Response is Winning the Internet
- These Shirtless Pics of Nick Jonas Has Fans Gushing Over His 'Dad Bod'
- ISRO's 'Akshay Kumar' Fan Moment is Adorable but the List is Incomplete Without Jaadu