Militant Killed, Policeman Injured in Attack on Police Picket in J&K
Militants attacked a police picket at Achabal late Friday night, but the attack was successfully repulsed.
Srinagar A militant was killed and a policeman injured when a some ultras attacked a police picket in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir, the police said on Saturday.
Militants attacked a police picket at Achabal late Friday night, a police official said, adding but the attack was successfully repulsed.
In retaliatory action, one militant was killed and his weapon was recovered, he said.
The identity and group affiliation of the slain ultra is yet to be ascertained, he added.
The official said that in the shootout, a policeman sustained injuries and was shifted to a hospital where his condition is stated to be stable.
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019 | It Hurts to See the West Indies Struggle: Ambrose
- How Avengers Endgame Continued Marvel Sequels' Winning Streak at the Box Office
- Keerthy Suresh Poses in a Bathrobe, Fans Ask Her to Gain Weight
- Would You Like to Watch Adverts on Netflix And Hotstar? Some Will, if it Reduces Subscription Cost
- Pakistan Fans Trashing Their Own Team After India’s World Cup Victory is Pure Gold
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s