Militants Attack Police Station in Kashmir's Shopian, Cop Killed
Militants opened indiscriminate fire on the police station in south Kashmir early on Sunday, the official said.
Image for representation only. (PTI Photo)
Srinagar: A policeman was killed in a militant attack on a police station in Jammu and Kashmir's Shopian district on Sunday, police said.
"Terrorists in District Shopian fired indiscriminately on Police Station Shopian. The attack was repulsed by alert policemen," a police spokesman said.
He said in this incident, constable Saqib Mir sustained injuries and was evacuated to a nearby hospital for medical treatment.
However, the injured policeman succumbed to injuries, the spokesman said.
Police have registered a case and investigation has been initiated in the matter, he said
Recommended For You
- MG Hector SUV Bookings Suspended Temporarily, 21000 Cars Booked Till Now
- Hrithik Roshan, Anand Kumar Host Special Screening of Super 30 for Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- Netflix Hopes a More Affordable Subscription Plan For India is The Winning Ticket
- You Have Just Given FaceApp a Perpetual And Royalty Free License to do What They Want With Your Selfies
- Instagram is Now Hiding Likes on Photos in More Countries; No Point Buying Likes And Views Anymore