Militants Attack Security Forces in Jammu and Kashmir, Five Injured
Two cops and three civilians were injured in the exchange of fire.
Srinagar: Five people, including two policemen, were injured on Friday when militants opened fire on a security forces’ party carrying out random vehicle checking in Kak Sarai area of the city, police said.
Security forces had established special check points in many parts of the city, a day after senior journalist Shujaat Bukhari and his two personal security guards were killed in a militant attack.
“During the checking of vehicles at Kak Sarai, militants opened fire on the cops, who also retaliated,” a police official said.
He said two cops and three civilians were injured in the exchange of fire.
Security forces have cordoned off the area and launched a manhunt for the assailants.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live
- New York Salon Plays Bobby’s Song Main Shayar Toh Nahin as Rishi Kapoor Gets Haircut, Watch Video
- Bajrang Punia to Get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and Surface Book 2 Firmware Update Causing CPU Issues