Militants Gun Down CRPF Jawan At His Home in Kashmir's Pulwama
Unidentified militants barged inside the house of local CRPF constable Naseer Ahmad Rather, who was on leave, in the Naira area of Pulwama and fired upon him.
CRPF jawan Naseer Ahmad Rather.
Srinagar: A CRPF jawan was shot dead by militants at his home in Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday, police said.
Unidentified militants barged inside the house of local CRPF constable Naseer Ahmad Rather, who was on leave, in the Naira area of Pulwama and fired upon him, a police official said. He said Rather received critical injuries and was rushed to a hospital but did not survive.
The area has been cordoned off and a hunt has been launched to nab the assailants, the official said adding a case had been registered.
The incident comes just a day after a police staffer was kidnapped by militants in Pulwama. However, he was left off a few hours later.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- In Pics: Taking a Sneak Peek into 13 Reasons Why Season 3, Find Out Who Killed Bryce Walker?
- Here's Why Chris 'Thor' Hemsworth Wished Shamita Shetty on Her Birthday
- A New Microchip Gives Obese People Electric Shocks Each Time They Think About Food
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it
- Ashes 2019: Ponting Advises Warner to Take Aggressive Route Against Broad