Ministry of Home Affairs Website Hacked
The Ministry of Home Affairs website was hacked on Sunday, prompting authorities to temporarily block it, an official said.
Image for Representative purpose (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: The Ministry of Home Affairs website was hacked on Sunday, prompting authorities to temporarily block it, an official said.
The MHA website was immediately blocked by the National Informatics Centre after hacking was noticed.
Computer emergency response teams are looking into the incident, the official said.
Last month, suspected Pakistan-affiliated operatives had hacked the official website of the elite National Security Guard (NSG) and defaced it with a profanity-laden message against the Prime Minister and anti-India content.
More than 700 websites of various central and state government departments were hacked in the past four years and a total of 8,348 persons were arrested for their involvement in cyber crimes, according to official data released this month.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors