Minor Among Three Killed in Lightning Strikes at Chhattisgarh's Korba
Police said that the lightning which was accompanied by torrential rainfall claimed three lives in separate incidents in the Korba district of the state.
Korba (Chhattisgarh): Three people, including a minor, were killed in separate incidents of lightning strikes in Korba district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Saturday.
Rains lashed several parts of the district on Friday evening and lightning strikes at separate places left three people dead, a senior police official said.
In the incident that took place in Kartala police station area, the deceased identified as Ramprasad Rathiya (40) had taken shelter under a tree to protect himself from rains when he was hit by lightning and died on the spot.
A similar incident took place in Devralmal village under Urga police station area, in which 17-year-old Vikas Kumar died, he explained. In the third incident, the victim, Dev Prasad (23), was standing in front of his house in Rampur police outpost area when he was struck by lightning.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Simple Case of Ear Infection Could Be the Reason Why Entire Species of Neanderthals Went Extinct
- An Apple Watch Saved This Man’s Life by Calling For Help After a Bad Fall
- Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year