Minor Fire at Delhi Metro's Barakhamba Road Station
A minor fire was reported at Delhi Metro's Barakhamba Road station around 10 pm on Thursday, following which three fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
File photo of Delhi metro (PTI)
New Delhi: A minor fire was reported at Delhi Metro's Barakhamba Road station around 10 pm on Thursday, following which three fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
A fire official said smoke was reported from an electrical panel at a control room of the station around 10.10 pm and the situation was brought under control within 20 minutes.
Metro services on Blue Line, where the station falls, were not disrupted due to the incident, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said.
"A minor smoke was reported from one of the technical rooms at Barakahmba Road station, which was likely due to some short circuit. It was cleared by using the exhaust fans of the station.
"Fire brigade was called as a precautionary measure but nothing major was reported. There was no disturbance to services," a DMRC spokesperson said.
The Barakhamba Road station is located metres away from the metro headquarters.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors