Minor Fire at Delhi Metro's Barakhamba Road Station
A minor fire was reported at Delhi Metro's Barakhamba Road station around 10 pm on Thursday, following which three fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
File photo of Delhi metro (PTI)
New Delhi: A minor fire was reported at Delhi Metro's Barakhamba Road station around 10 pm on Thursday, following which three fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
A fire official said smoke was reported from an electrical panel at a control room of the station around 10.10 pm and the situation was brought under control within 20 minutes.
Metro services on Blue Line, where the station falls, were not disrupted due to the incident, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said.
"A minor smoke was reported from one of the technical rooms at Barakahmba Road station, which was likely due to some short circuit. It was cleared by using the exhaust fans of the station.
"Fire brigade was called as a precautionary measure but nothing major was reported. There was no disturbance to services," a DMRC spokesperson said.
The Barakhamba Road station is located metres away from the metro headquarters.
Recommended For You
- Players Who Made the Jump From Cricket to Politics
- Facebook May Have Fixed the Password Debacle, But Here is What You Should Also do
- IPL 2019 | Friends Turn Foes as CSK Take On RCB in Opener
- Emilia Clarke Writes On Surviving Brain Surgery, Twitter Hails Her Dragon Courage
- Unpopular Opinion: This Viral Twitter Thread Needs to Be Snipped
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s