Minor Fire at Delhi Metro's Barakhamba Road Station
A minor fire was reported at Delhi Metro's Barakhamba Road station around 10 pm on Thursday, following which three fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
File photo of Delhi metro (PTI)
New Delhi: A minor fire was reported at Delhi Metro's Barakhamba Road station around 10 pm on Thursday, following which three fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
A fire official said smoke was reported from an electrical panel at a control room of the station around 10.10 pm and the situation was brought under control within 20 minutes.
Metro services on Blue Line, where the station falls, were not disrupted due to the incident, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said.
"A minor smoke was reported from one of the technical rooms at Barakahmba Road station, which was likely due to some short circuit. It was cleared by using the exhaust fans of the station.
"Fire brigade was called as a precautionary measure but nothing major was reported. There was no disturbance to services," a DMRC spokesperson said.
The Barakhamba Road station is located metres away from the metro headquarters.
Recommended For You
- Cyber Terrorism: Teen Gets Two Years Jail For Accessing CIA Head's Email Account
- Bollywood Star Jacqueline Fernandez Gifts Make-Up Artist Jeep Compass SUV – Watch Video
- India Favourites to Win World Cup, Says Sehwag
- Beyond The Clouds Movie Review: A Bittersweet Drama That Runs But Never Flies
- CJI Impeachment: Can the Chief Justice of India Be Impeached?