Minor Girl Abducted from Delhi, Recovered in J&K's Reasi, Culprit Arrested
The culprit, Himanshu Kumar of the Ambedkar Nagar area, New Delhi, was arrested during the operation and both he and the girl were handed over to the Delhi Police after completion of legal formalities, a police official said.
Image for representation.
Jammu: A minor girl, who was reportedly abducted by a 22-year-old man from Delhi earlier this month, was recovered in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said Monday.
The man, Himanshu Kumar of the Ambedkar Nagar area, New Delhi, was also arrested during the operation and both he and the girl were handed over to the Delhi Police after completion of legal formalities, a police official said.
He said police station Ambedkar Nagar contacted police station Ransoo in Reasi district and informed that a man, who had abducted a minor girl along with Rs 22 lakh and gold items on July 2, was suspected to be hiding in the Ransoo area.
On this information, the official said, a police team led by Sub Inspector Dina Nath launched a search operation and managed to apprehend the man and recovered Rs 14 lakh and gold from him.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hina Khan and Her Father Take Dig at Rising Onion Prices, Watch Hilarious Video
- Housefull 4 to Marjaavaan: Dullest Films of 2019 that Made Us Regret Buying Tickets
- Important to Probe Conflict of Interest of Chief National Coach Pullela Gopichand, Says Jwala Gutta
- You've Probably Listened to More 'Drake' in the Last Ten Years Than You Think
- Nike Joyride Dual Run Review: The Running Shoe Revolution is Truly Underway