Minor Girl Consumes Poison After Being Raped by Neighbour in Uttar Pradesh
Police said the girl had gone missing on Monday and when she reached home on Tuesday, she told family members that she, on the pretext of marriage, was kidnapped by her neighbour, who then raped her.
Gorakhpur: A minor girl consumed poison after she was allegedly raped by a man in the Gagha area here, police said on Friday. The girl has been hospitalised and her condition is said to be stable, they added.
The girl had gone missing on Monday and when she reached home on Tuesday, she told family members that she, on the pretext of marriage, was kidnapped by her neighbour Modassir Ansari from Gajpur Bazar. The man then allegedly raped with the help of his friends Akhtar and Atiullah, police said. Later, she tried to end her life by consuming poison, they said.
A case under sections 363 (kidnapping), 366 (Kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman to compel her marriage) and 376 (rape) of the IPC and under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act was registered against Ansari at Gagha police station on Thursday, SSP Sunil Kumar Gupta said.
Akthar and Atiuallh were also booked under sections 363 and 366 of the IPC and and under the POCSO Act, he said. "During initial investigation, we found that Ansari married the girl at an Arya Samaj temple," the SSP said.
"Both are neighbours and know each other for a very long time... We have also questioned the temple's priest who conducted their marriage. However, the investigation is at initial stage and things will become clear after sometime," Gupta said.
Recommended For You
- Radhika Apte Slams Society’s ‘Psychotic Mentality’ for The Wedding Guest Leaked Sex Scenes
- India Drawn Alongside Qatar in 2nd Round of 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2023 AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro and K20 India Launch: Price, Availability, Features, and More
- Priyanka Chopra Posts Special Note to 'J Sister' Sophie Turner
- Kane Williamson’s World - What if India Had Dared to Embrace it Themselves?