Minutes Before Shooting Each Other Dead, Rajasthan Couple Click Selfie; Blame 'Failure of Love' for Suicide
The deceased, Anju Suthar and Shamkar Chaudhary, both aged 21, were allegedly in a relationship before the woman got married sometime ago.
File photo of the deceased couple
Barmer: A married woman and her lover allegedly shot themselves dead in the district Thursday, police said.
The deceased, Anju Suthar and Shamkar Chaudhary, both aged 21, were allegedly in a relationship before the woman got married sometime ago, Chohtan circle officer (CO) Ajit Singh said.
Prime facie, it seemed they shot themselves dead with two country-made pistols that were recovered from the spot, Barmer SP Rashi Dogra said.
In an audio clip, recovered from their mobile phone, they said to have taken the extreme step because of failing in love, the circle officer added. The bodies were sent to a hospital mortuary for a post-mortem examination, Singh said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jennifer Aniston Finally Reveals What's Cooking Between 'Friends' Couple Rachel and Ross
- 'Dayaben' Disha Vakani Looks Radiant as Ever in Her Comeback Appearance on TMKOC
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works