Missing Bandipora Teacher Found Dead, Body Recovered from J&K Lake
The body of Mushtaq Ahmad Lone was missing since last Monday and his body was recovered by the police from the Wular Lake.
Srinagar: The body of a teacher, who went missing last week, was recovered from a lake in Jammu and Kashmir's Bandipora district on Monday, police said.
The body of Mushtaq Ahmad Lone, a resident Sheikpora Mantrigam area of north Kashmir's Bandipora district, was missing since last Monday and his body was recovered by the police from the Wular Lake, an officer said.
The body was spotted by the locals of Laharwalpora village, following which a police team reached the spot and took the body into their custody, the officer said.
A forensic team rushed to the spot and a medical team has been constituted for conducting the post-mortem in the presence of a magistrate. Proper photography and videography is being done of the entire proceedings, the official said.
An inquiry under Section 174 of the Code of Criminal Procedure has been initiated to ascertain the actual cause of the death, the official said, requesting the people no to pay heed to rumours.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Hails 'Crusader' Sunitha Krishnan for Helping Sex Trafficking Victims
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right