Missing Indian-American Woman Found Dead in Boot of Her Own Car
Sureel Dabawala, a 34-year-old MBA from Loyola University in Chicago, was reported missing on December 30 last year.
Image for representation.
Washington: The body of an Indian-American woman, who was reported missing by her family when she failed to return home last month, has been found dead in the trunk of her own car, a media report said.
Sureel Dabawala, a 34-year-old MBA from Loyola University in Chicago, was reported missing on December 30 last year, The American Bazaar said in the report on Thursday.
After many days of frenetic search, she was found wrapped in a blanket in the trunk of her own car on Monday in Chicago's West Garfield Park neighbourhood by private investigators hired by the family.
No arrests have been made in the case so far as the autopsy report was still awaited.
Sureel was the daughter of Schaumburg-based Asharaf Dabawala, a respected physician in the area, hailing from Gujarat.
Indians living in the area described the Dabawalas as the “most loving and generous people”.
In the days following Sureel's disappearance, the Dabawala family had announced a $10,000 reward for anyone who could provide any information about the woman.
The cause of Sureel's death still remains unknown, police said on Wednesday as investigations and toxicology reports which would help authorities determine the cause may take up to a month.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kiara Advani, Bhumi Pednekar Bare it All For Dabboo Ratnani's Calendar
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is Now on Sale on Amazon: Variants, Prices, Offers And More
- Sidharth Shukla Fans Want Shilpa Shinde to Return Her Bigg Boss Trophy, She Gives a Savage Reply
- Singapore Invokes New Fake News Law to Block Page And Facebook Says it is Concerned
- Indians Pay More For Mobile & Broadband, if Subscriptions For Netflix And More Are Bundled