Mob Lynches 44-Year-Old Man in Bihar on Suspicion of Cattle Theft
Mahesh Yadav was caught hold by locals who alleged that he was trying to steal cattle along with two associates.
Araria: A 44-year-old man was lynched to death in Bihar’s Araria district over suspicion of cattle theft, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place in Dak Haripur village falling under Robertsganj police station area, they said.
Mahesh Yadav was caught hold by locals who alleged that he was trying to steal cattle along with two associates. He was beaten to death, Shiv Sharan Sah, SHO, Robertsganj said.
The officer said the deceased, a resident of another village in the district, had been previously involved in a number of incidents of cattle theft.
A case has been registered in connection with the lynching and investigations are on, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report