Mobile Services Restored in Five 'Sensitive' Districts of Jammu Region
The services were blocked across Jammu and Kashmir since August 5 following the abrogation of special status to the state under Article 370.
Image for representation.
Jammu: The administration on Thursday restored mobile phone services in five "sensitive" districts of Jammu region, an official said. The mobile phone services have been restored in Doda, Kishtwar, Ramban, Rajouri and Poonch, Jammu Divisional Commissioner Sanjeev Verma said.
The services were blocked across Jammu and Kashmir since August 5 following the abrogation of special status to the state under Article 370. Verma told PTI that the situation is now "totally peaceful" and "things have returned to normalcy" in all the districts.
Earlier in Kashmir valley, over 50,000 landline phones were made operational after services in 17 exchanges were restored on August 17.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- This is My Father's Money, Says KBC 11 Crorepati Sanoj Raj
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser