Moderate Intensity Earthquake Hits Kutch District in Gujarat, No Casualties Reported
The earthquake was felt at 2.43 pm with its epicenter recorded 6 km north-north west of Bhachau in Kutch district of Gujarat.
Ahmedabad: An earthquake of magnitude 4.2 jolted parts of Kutch district in Gujarat on Monday afternoon, officials said. No loss of life or damage to property was reported, a
district administration official said.
"The quake was felt at 2.43 pm with its epicenter recorded 6 km north-north west of Bhachau in Kutch district," said an official of the Gandhinagar-based Institute of Seismological Research.
Several areas, including Anjar, Gandhidham, Bhachau and Rapar, experienced the quake in the district, located around 330 km from here, another official said. Earlier, an earthquake of magnitude 4.3 hit Kutch on July 8.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- Watch: Zoo Shares First Glimpse of Kiki, a Baby Red Panda
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships