PM Modi Expresses Anguish Over London Terror Attack
The Prime Minister condemned the attacks in London, terming them as “shocking”.
File picture of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday condemned the attacks in London, terming them as “shocking”.
Two terror attacks at central London landmarks left at least six persons dead and 30 others injured. Three terror suspects were shot dead by the police.
Attacks in London are shocking & anguishing. We condemn them. My thoughts are with families of the deceased & prayers with the injured.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) June 4, 2017
“Attacks in London are shocking & anguishing. We condemn them. My thoughts are with families of the deceased & prayers with the injured,” the Prime Minister said in a tweet.
The attack took place at London Bridge and Borough Market. It was the third terror attack to strike the UK this year, after a man drove a car into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge in March and the bomb attack on an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester two weeks ago.
On 22 May, 22 people were killed and 116 injured in a suicide bombing at Manchester Arena.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How PM Modi Overtook Donald Trump and Became the Second-Most Followed Leader on Social Media
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations