'He Speaks Very Good English But...': As Trump Jokes Holding Modi's Hand, Scribes Burst Into Laughter
The two leaders exchanged a warm handshake and spoke to the media. Modi answered questions posed by reporters in Hindi.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US president Donald Trump.
Biarritz/London: Prime Minister Narendra Modi speaks very good English, but he just doesn't want to talk, US President Donald Trump said jokingly on Monday before the two leaders met for formal talks on the sidelines of the G-7 Summit.
The two leaders held 40-minute discussions in Biarritz, the French town which is hosting the meeting of the world's most industrialised nations.
The two leaders exchanged a warm handshake and spoke to the media. Modi answered questions posed by reporters in Hindi. "He (PM Modi) actually speaks very good English, he just doesn't want to talk," Trump joked when Prime Minister Modi asked reporters to let the leaders talk in privacy.
The two leaders also held each other's hand while everybody present in the room burst into laughter.
(With inputs from PTI)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan Gives Back to Tiger Shroff's Krrish Meme by Sporting Flying Jatt T-shirt
- Zareen Khan Recounts Casting Couch Horror, Says Director Asked Her to 'Rehearse Kissing Scene'
- 33,000 People Want Oxford Dictionary to Change its Definition of 'Woman'. Here's Why.
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works