Modi's PRO Jagdish Thakkar Passes Away; PM Condoles Death
Senior journalist Jagdish Thakkar, 72, who was unwell for some time, passed away at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
PM Modi met the family of Jagdish Thakkar, who passed away at the AIIMS in New Delhi. (Photo tweeted by @PMOIndia)
New Delhi: Public Relations Officer (PRO) in the prime minister's office and senior journalist Jagdish Thakkar passed away on Monday.
Thakkar, 72, who was unwell for some time, passed away at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi condoled his demise, saying he was awonderful person who loved his work. "Extremely saddened by the demise of Shri Jagdish Thakkar, the PRO in the PMO. Jagdishbhai was a veteran journalist and I had the pleasure of working with him for years, both in Gujarat and in Delhi. He was known for his simplicity and warm-hearted nature," the PM tweeted.
He said several journalists would have regularly interacted with Jagdishbhai over the years.
He had previously served with many chief ministers of Gujarat, "We have lost a wonderful person, who loved his work and did it with utmost diligence. Condolences to his family and well wishers," Modi said.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Posts Special Note for 'J Sister' Sophie Turner on Her Game of Thrones' Emmy Nomination
- Sanjay Manjrekar: How India Must Plan ODI Future to Build Towards 2023 World Cup
- Game of Thrones S8 Creates History, Earns Record Number of Emmy Nominations Despite Backlash
- OnePlus 7 And OnePlus 7 Pro Get New Discount and Exchange Deals on Amazon After Prime Day Sale Ends
- Intercontinental Cup 2019: 18-year-old Narender Gahlot Scores as India Draw 1-1 vs Syria