Monsoon to begin in Uttarakhand Next Week
The monsoon season is expected to begin in Uttarakhand from June 20 even as rains continue to lash the hill state, a weather official said on Tuesday.
Dehradun: The monsoon season is expected to begin in Uttarakhand from June 20 even as rains continue to lash the hill state, a weather official said on Tuesday.
Rains are occurring in the Chaar Dhaam region where thousands of people have arrived for the annual pilgrimage.
Drizzling has been reported in most parts of the plains and the hill tracts, which according to the Met department are pre-monsoonal showers.
There were also reports of landslides which have blocked some roads along the Chaar Dhaam route, the official added.
The regional Met department informed that over the next three days the state will receive little to moderate rainfall and after the monsoon hits the state on June 20, there would be plenty.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Actor Aditya Pancholi Charged For Allegedly Abusing, Threatening Mechanic
- Spider-Man Tom Holland Accidentally Uploads Entire Avengers: Endgame on Twitter? Deets Inside
- Unpaid 'Fyre' Caterer Gets Over $100K in Donations After Netflix's Documentary on Doomed Music Festival
- What is Data Colonization, And Why we in India Need to Rework The Policies in Place
- WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock, Sticker Integration, Private Replies and More Coming in Future Updates
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s