Monsoon to begin in Uttarakhand Next Week
The monsoon season is expected to begin in Uttarakhand from June 20 even as rains continue to lash the hill state, a weather official said on Tuesday.
Dehradun: The monsoon season is expected to begin in Uttarakhand from June 20 even as rains continue to lash the hill state, a weather official said on Tuesday.
Rains are occurring in the Chaar Dhaam region where thousands of people have arrived for the annual pilgrimage.
Drizzling has been reported in most parts of the plains and the hill tracts, which according to the Met department are pre-monsoonal showers.
There were also reports of landslides which have blocked some roads along the Chaar Dhaam route, the official added.
The regional Met department informed that over the next three days the state will receive little to moderate rainfall and after the monsoon hits the state on June 20, there would be plenty.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Watch: Farmer Turns 910-Pound Pumpkin into Boat and Goes for a Ride in Pond
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami