More Than 15 Crore Raised by Auctioning PM Modi's Gifts, Will Go to 'Namami Gange'
Culture Minister Prahlad Patel said that the money had been raised during three auctions and the proceeds were given to the Namami Gange project of the Union government
File photo of Prime Minister Narendra Modi (PTI)
New Delhi: The culture ministry on Tuesday informed parliament that Rs 15.13 crore were raised from the auction of mementos and gifts presented to Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the last five years.
In an answer to a query in Rajya Sabha, Culture Minister Prahlad Patel said that the money had been raised during three auctions-- February 18-20, 2015, January 27-April 1, 2019 and September 14-October 24, 2019.
The proceeds were given to the Namami Gange project of the Union government, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priest from Hyderabad's 'Visa Temple' is Demanding Citizenship for the Deity Under CAA
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Title Tune Turns Scary as Dharma Productions Moves Over to the Dark Side
- Bigg Boss 13: Post Eviction, Shefali Jariwala is All Praise for Sidharth, Calls Asim 'Ungrateful'
- TikTok Star Puts on Modi Mask While Walking Next to Arvind Kejriwal in Rally and We're Very Confused
- Tata Motors to Launch Nexon Electric SUV in India Today: Watch it Live Here [Video]