Mother Son Duo Electrocuted by Table Fan in UP, Father Gets Injured While Saving Them
The incident took place when the deceased tried to position the table fan towards him and received a shock.
Hardoi (UP): A woman and her son died after being electrocuted by a table fan here on Saturday, police said. The woman's husband also received an electric shock while trying to save the two, they said.
The deceased were identified as Ramadevi (46) and her son Opendra Singh (26), the police said.
The incident took place in Jagdish Khera village under Beniganj police station when Opendra tried to position the table fan towards him and received a shock. Ramadevi rushed to save him and also received an electric shock, said Additional Superintendent of Police Gyanjay Singh.
Ramadevi's husband, Vijaypal, who tried to save her and Opendra, also received an electric shock, he said.
The three were rushed to the district hospital where doctors declared Ramadevi and Opendra dead. Vijaypal is undergoing treatment, the police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ellen DeGeneres Welcomes Viral 'Shallow' Singer on Her Show, Watch Full Performance
- Here is How to Get Netflix, Amazon Prime, Zee5 And More Free With Your Mobile Plan
- Ever Wondered How Apollo 13 Astronauts Saw The Moon? NASA Has a Video You Must See
- Taimur Ali Khan Sporting 'Punjabi Juttis' is the Cutest Thing You'll See Today
- Death Certificate Issued to Deceased Unnao Man Wishes Him a 'Bright Future' Ahead