Mother-son Set Ablaze by Moneylender Dies in Nagpur Hospital
Police said the lender, who sustained burn injuries in the incident and is hospitalised, has been booked for murder and will be arrested soon.
Nagpur: A woman and her son who were allegedly set ablaze by a moneylender for non-repayment of a loan died Tuesday in a hospital in Nagpur, police said.
Kalpana Harinkhade's husband Harishchandra had taken Rs 3 lakh from moneylender Jasbir Bhatia, police said.
"Harishchandra had returned Rs 2 lakh to the accused and was supposed to give Rs 60,000 on May 7. However, when he failed to pay the amount, Bhatia poured petrol and set ablaze Kalpana and her son Piyush. She suffered 60% burns, while her son suffered 30%. They died on Tuesday day at the Government Medical College and Hospital, Nagpur," said Inspector Prakash Hake of Chandrapur police.
Bhatia, who sustained burn injuries in the incident and is hospitalised, has been booked for murder and will be arrested soon, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif
- Why Doesn't Jennifer Aniston Have a Better Phone Camera, Ask Fans After Viral 'Friends' Selfie
- Fortnite Fans Troll Lady Gaga for Asking 'What's Fortnight'
- Adorable Video Shows Man Dancing with Stray Dog in the Middle of the Night
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now