MP Cop Carries Injured Man on Shoulder for 1.5 Km to Save His Life After Fall from Train
The injured had fallen off a train and was lying near the rail tracks at a spot not accessible by road.
Hoshangabad: Going beyond his call of duty, a Madhya Pradesh policeman ran for more than a kilometer with an injured man on his shoulders to save his life.
The injured, identified as 20-year-old Ajit, had fallen off a train and was lying near the rail tracks at a spot not accessible by road.
The incident took place on Saturday when a youth had fallen off a running train near village Ravan Pipalgaon in Seoni Malwa area.
When the police received the call, constable Punam Billore rushed to the spot accompanied by driver Rahul Sakalle. On reaching the spot, the duo realised there was no road connectivity, after which Billore ran to the accident victim.
The constable then picked up the injured youth and rushed back towards the police vehicle which was parked more than a kilometer away from the accident spot. A video of the incident, shot by the person who informed the police, has been doing rounds on social media.
In the video, Billore can be seen running on the railway tracks even as trains pass on the adjacent tracks. The youth was referred to Bhopal in critical condition.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Captain America's Peggy Carter Says Her Story with Steve Rogers Had Fitting End in Avengers Endgame
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- 'Superman': Tiger Shroff Deadlifts 200KG With an Ease, Impresses Ishaan Khatter and Fans