MP Cop Carries Injured Man on Shoulder for 1.5 Km to Save His Life After Fall from Train
The injured had fallen off a train and was lying near the rail tracks at a spot not accessible by road.
Hoshangabad: Going beyond his call of duty, a Madhya Pradesh policeman ran for more than a kilometer with an injured man on his shoulders to save his life.
The injured, identified as 20-year-old Ajit, had fallen off a train and was lying near the rail tracks at a spot not accessible by road.
The incident took place on Saturday when a youth had fallen off a running train near village Ravan Pipalgaon in Seoni Malwa area.
When the police received the call, constable Punam Billore rushed to the spot accompanied by driver Rahul Sakalle. On reaching the spot, the duo realised there was no road connectivity, after which Billore ran to the accident victim.
The constable then picked up the injured youth and rushed back towards the police vehicle which was parked more than a kilometer away from the accident spot. A video of the incident, shot by the person who informed the police, has been doing rounds on social media.
In the video, Billore can be seen running on the railway tracks even as trains pass on the adjacent tracks. The youth was referred to Bhopal in critical condition.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Just 'Invited' the Internet to Meme His Comical Photo and Desi Fans Didn't Disappoint
- Asim Riaz, Suhana Khan to Star in Student of the Year 3? Karan Johar Clarifies
- PUBG Mobile 0.17.0 Update to Bring Sight For UZI, DBS Shotgun, Amusement Park and More
- 400-Year-Old Painting Considered 'Dupe' Turns Out to be Painted by Rembrandt Himself
- Nusrat Jahan, Dev, Jeet Gannguli, Arindam Sil Mourn Death of Veteran Bengali Actor Tapas Pal