MP Man Gets Life Imprisonment for Raping Teenage Girl in 2012
Shriwas had taken the girl to his village in Ater tehsil in Bhind district from Porsa in Morena district under some pretext in October, 2012, and raped her.
Morena (MP): A 32-year-old man was handed life imprisonment by a local court for raping a 15-year-old girl and confining her in his house in Bhind district in 2012. The court of additional sessions judge Dharmendra Tada on Monday convicted Arvind Shriwas on the charge of rape under sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Protection of
Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, and handed him life imprisonment. The court also imposed a fine of Rs 3000 on Shriwas. According to prosecution, Shriwas had taken the girl to his village in Ater tehsil in Bhind district from Porsa in Morena district under some pretext in October, 2012, and raped her.
He held the girl captive for nearly 15 days before she managed to get herself freed, Assistant Prosecution Officer Brajesh Khatri said on Tuesday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- OMG! Why is This Actor Holding Captain America's Vibranium Shield?
- Sidharth Shukla Loses Cool, Asks Bigg Boss 'What Would be the Consequences If I Beat Asim Up?'
- Adorable Pics of Kapil Sharma-Ginni Chatrath's Daughter Anayra Shared by Richa Sharma
- FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Will Inspire Young Girls to Take up Football: Tournament Director Roma Khanna
- A Lucky Couple Can Live For Free On This Peaceful Island, But There Will be No Wi-Fi