MP Man Posts Photo of Rahul Gandhi With 'Cap & Beard', Booked for Morphing
The complainant contended that the doctored image had hurt him as well as other supporters of the Congress chief.
File photo of Congress president Rahul Gandhi.
Ujjain: A case was filed against a person in Madhya Pradesh's Ujjain district for allegedly uploading an objectionable doctored image of Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Facebook, police said Monday.
The doctored photograph, uploaded by one Manish Vijayvargiya, shows Gandhi wearing a cap and sporting a beard, an official said. After the image was uploaded on April 4, Ujjain district Congress IT and social media cell chief Sahil Dehelvi approached the police and filed a complaint.
The complainant contended that the doctored image had hurt him as well as other supporters of the Congress chief, police said.
After the complaint was made on April 7, a probe was carried out following which a case under section 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) of the Indian Penal Code was registered against Vijayvargiya, sub-inspector Tarun Kureel of Madhav Nagar police station said Monday. He said no arrest has been made in the case so far.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- This Man Has the Same Pathological Laughing Disorder as Joaquin Phoenix's Joker
- Quinton de Kock's Reaction After Indian Fan Breaches Security to Touch His Feet is Priceless
- Sanya Malhotra Grooves to Ghungroo from War, Sets Dance Floor and Social Media on Fire