Mumbai Airport to Remain Shut For 6 Hours Every Day in February and March, Fares Likely to Rise
Flight movements will be halted for a runway upgrade between 11 AM and 5 PM for all Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays starting from February 7 till March 30.
Representative image of Mumbai airport. (Getty Images)
Mumbai: Mumbai airport will remain shut for six hours every day for 22 days between February and March. The shutdown is expected to affect air ticket demand for key routes running to-and-fro Delhi, Bangalore and Hyderabad, with fares slated to shoot up by 80 per cent.
Flight movements will be halted for a runway upgrade between 11 AM and 5 PM for all Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays starting from February 7 till March 30. On March 21 however, the airport will remain for the occasion of Holi.
The re-carpeting of the airport runways is being carried out to prevent degradation. The Mumbai airport runways handles about 950 flights daily, including 30-35 charter and private aircraft flights.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio Q1 Results: Users Consume More Data Per Month as Jio Overtakes Airtel
- Alia Bhatt Shares BTS Video of Her Moving into Her Own Home in New YouTube Vlog
- Actress Shobha, Known for Her Role in Magalu Janaki, Dies In Car Accident
- Sony WH-XB900N Review: Headphones to Buy if Your Wad of Cash Totals to Rs 16,990
- He Gives Me So Much Respect, Sometimes I Feel Embarrassed, Says Kareena Kapoor on Diljit Dosanjh