Mumbai Attack Mastermind Hafiz Saeed Indicted on Terror Funding Charges by Pakistan Court
The Counter Terrorism Department on July 17 registered 23 FIRs against Saeed and his accomplices on the charges of 'terror financing' in different cities of Punjab province and arrested the JuD chief.
File photo of Hafiz Saeed.
Islamabad: An anti-terrorism court in Pakistan on Wednesday indicted Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed on terror financing charges.
The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) of the Punjab Police on July 17 registered 23 FIRs against Saeed and his accomplices on the charges of "terror financing" in different cities of Punjab province and arrested the Jammat-ud-Dawah (JuD) chief. He is detained at the Kot Lakhpat jail.
The cases have been registered in Lahore, Gujranwala and Multan for collection of funds for terror financing through assets/properties made and held in the names of Trusts/Non Profit Organisations (NPO) including Al-Anfaal Trust, Dawatul Irshad Trust and Muaz Bin Jabal Trust.
Under pressure from the international community, the Pakistani authorities have launched investigations into matters of the LeT, JuD and its charity wing Falah-e-Insaniat Foundation (FIF) for their holding and use of trusts to raise funds for terrorism financing.
Saeed-led JuD is believed to be the front organisation for the LeT which is responsible for carrying out the 2008 Mumbai attack that killed 166 people.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- On J Jayalalithaa's Birth Anniversary, Kangana Ranaut's New Thalaivi Still Goes Viral
- Arti Singh Wishes Happy Birthday to Her 'Jigar Ka Tukda' Karan Singh Grover on Instagram
- Blackface Row in US Fashion Design School after Model Refuses to Wear 'Racist' Lips and Ears
- 'I've Got to be a Macho Man': The Song That Played at Motera Stadium to Welcome Trump and Modi
- Poco X2 Will Get The Android 11 Update; You Have Something to Look Forward to