Mumbai Court Turns Down Actor Karan Oberoi's Bail Plea in Rape Case
The actor was arrested earlier this month after a woman, who was in a relationship with him since 2016, lodged a police complaint that he allegedly raped her on the pretext of marriage.
Mumbai: A sessions court here on Friday denied bail to television actor Karan Oberoi, arrested on charges of raping and blackmailing a woman.
Additional Sessions Judge S Baghele turned down the actor's bail plea.
Oberoi, 40, who has acted in some television serials and appeared in commercials, was arrested earlier this month after the woman, who was in a relationship with him since 2016, lodged a complaint with Oshiwara police that he allegedly raped her on the pretext of marriage.
Oberai's lawyer, Dinesh Tiwari, said the allegations levelled by the woman were "false" and that they will apply for bail in the high court.
The woman had also alleged that he shot some objectionable videos of her and demanded money from her while threatening to release the clips.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mohena Kumari Singh is Radiant as a Royal Bride at Her Traditional Rajput Wedding, See Pics
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- 'Down to Earth': Justin Bieber Fell Off a Unicycle and Internet Had a Great Laugh
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work