A fire broke out at an apartment located in an eleven-storey building on Nepeansea Road in south Mumbai early Tuesday morning, a fire official said. There was no casualty in the mishap, he said, adding that two women got trapped on upper floors of the building and were later rescued by the fire brigade.
The blaze erupted at around 4.40 am in the flat located on the sixth floor of Atlas building, and gutted its two bedrooms, electric wiring and installations, wooden beds, bedding, furniture and clothing, the official said.
"Two women trapped on upper floors were rescued. No one is reported injured in the blaze," he said. It was a level-2 fire, he said, adding that more than
eight fire engines were rushed to the spot and the flames was doused after about four hours. Cooling operation was underway at the site, he said.
The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained, he added.