Mumbai Labourer Working Sans Safety Gear Falls to Death From 8th Floor
The labourer's colleagues alleged that they were not provided necessary safety gear like a helmet, safety net and jackets by the builder concerned.
Representative image (Photo courtesy: Reuters)
Mumbai: A 34-year-old labourer died on Monday after he fell off the 8th floor of an under-construction building in suburban Kandivali in Mumbai, police said.
Exact circumstances surrounding the fall of the deceased Ram Nivas Saha, who was working at the construction site of a residential project, are being investigated.
Saha's colleagues alleged they were not provided necessary safety gear like a helmet, safety net and jackets by the builder concerned, a police official said, adding that their claims are being verified.
"Appropriate action will be initiated if the claims are found to be true," he said.
Saha, who suffered serious injuries, was declared dead at a civic-run hospital, he said. A case of accidental death has been registered.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nayanthara Celebrates Birthday with Boyfriend Vignesh Shivan in New York
- Once Abandoned Dog is Now Assisting Railway Force Personnel to Warn Commuters Against Footboard Traveling
- Internet's Favourite Singer to Trolls' Easiest Target: Can We Leave Ranu Mondal Alone?
- Tik-Tok Prepares to Take On Instagram And Facebook With Shopping Links in Posts
- Dad Details How The Noise App on Apple Watch Helped His Son With Autism