Mumbai Man Chasing Mobile Phone Thief Dies After Falling on Tracks
The incident occurred Sunday morning when an unidentified person picked the wallet of the victim, Shakil Abdul Shaikh, on the coach of a Churchgate-bound local train.
Image for representation.
Mumbai: A 53-year-old local train commuter chasing a mobile phone thief died after he fell on tracks at Charni Road station here, police said Tuesday.
The incident occurred Sunday morning when an unidentified person picked the wallet of the victim, Shakil Abdul Shaikh, on the coach of a Churchgate-bound local train, a Government Railway Police (GRP) official said.
Shaikh jumped out of a moving train to chase the thief but lost his balance and fell on the tracks, he said.
He was rushed to hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, the official added.
The GRP said they zeroed in on the suspected pickpocket through CCTV footage of the station and arrested him.
He has been booked under sections 392 (Punishment for robbery) and 304 (Punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the official said, adding that further investigation is underway.
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019 | England Are an Incredibly Diverse Team: Moeen Ali
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: There is a 43-inch Samsung For Rs 28,999 And a Fire TV Stick is Bundled With it
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: Minimal Discounts on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Unless You Pay With HDFC Cards or Exchange an old Phone
- Did It Because I was in Love, Says Anushka Sharma on Why She Married Virat Kohli at 29
- 'Should Consider Sharing Trophy in Case of Tie' - New Zealand Coach Stead