Mumbai Man Dies After Falling into Lift Shaft from 15th Floor
The deceased was part of a team of two undertaking maintenance activities of an elevator, when he fell into the elevator shaft.
Mumbai: A 45-year-old worker Monday died after falling from the 15th floor of a residential tower in Chunabhatti area of Mumbai while repairing an elevator, police said Monday.
Ketan Bahirat was part of a team of two undertaking maintenance activities of an elevator, when he fell into the elevator shaft, an official said, adding that the incident took place around 4pm.
The incident occurred in tower number two of Continum Complex, Central Garden, popularly called "Reliance Building", he said.
Fire Brigade personnel brought out Bahirat from the lift shaft and rushed him to civic-run Sion Hospital where medical authorities declared him dead on arrival, he informed.
An Accidental Death has been registered at Chunabhatti police station and probe is underway, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan to Announce Two Films on His 54th Birthday?
- Mohena Kumari Singh is Radiant as a Royal Bride at Her Traditional Rajput Wedding, See Pics
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- Watch: Ducklings Enjoy Makeshift Water Slide Leaving Netizens Amused
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream