Mumbai Man Orders iPhone Online, Gets Detergent Bar Instead
Tabrej Mehaboob Nagrali, the complainant, said he had ordered an iPhone-8 on the shopping portal and made the full payment of Rs 55,000.
Image for representation only.
Mumbai: A 26-year-old software engineer in the city was in for a rude shock when the e-tailing major Flipkart delivered a detergent bar instead of an iPhone-8 which he had ordered and paid for.
After he approached the Byculla police in central Mumbai, a case of cheating was registered against Flipkart. Tabrej Mehaboob Nagrali, the complainant, said he had ordered an iPhone-8 on the shopping portal and made the full payment of Rs 55,000.
On January 22, he alleges, the package delivered at his house in Panvel in neighbouring Navi Mumbai had a detergent bar inside instead of the premium mobile phone. "Nagrali approached us with a complaint yesterday, and an offence of cheating was registered against Flipkart," Avinash Shingte, senior police inspector at the Byculla police station, told PTI.
A Flipkart spokesman told PTI that the company is conducting an inquiry into the incident.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- MS Dhoni Buys Rare Army-Sourced Nissan Jonga: Here's All You Need to Know About the SUV
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy