One Worker Dead, Another Injured at Mumbai Metro Site as Under-construction Emergency Exit Collapses
The accident took place on the line between Powai and Aarey at a construction site. Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRCL) said that the worker died after a large rock fell on him.
File photo of Mumbai Metro.
A worker died and another was injured on Friday, after a part of the emergency exit of Mumbai's metro line-3 collapsed while they were working near it.
The accident took place on the line between Powai and Aarey at a construction site. Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRCL) said that the worker died after a large rock fell on him. The second worker has sustained minor injuries.
The emergency exit had collapsed after the workers were splitting rocks with he help of a machine, and a large piece from the tunnel face fell and trapped the two.
Contractors and general consultants of the MMRC are investigating.
A metro spokesperson confirmed that the deceased's family will be compensated.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Kya Be G***u': Martin Guptill Abusing Chahal on Live Television Leaves Rohit Sharma and Fans in Splits
- Jackie Shroff Has Won the 'LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Tinder' Meme. Y'all Can Go Home
- Kobe Bryant, Daughter Killed in Copter Crash, Akshay Kumar, Disha Patani and Others Share Condolences
- Want Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web Also? Here's How to Enable it on Chrome, Firefox And Opera
- WhatsApp Users Beware: This Simple Trick Can Save Your Phone From Being Hacked