Mumbai Teenager Steals Rs 10 lakh From Home to Help Boyfriend Start Business
The girl, identified as Radha Gupta, and her boyfriend Amir Naushad Khan, were held on Sunday from Kalina where they were hiding .
Mumbai: A 19-year-old girl was arrested for allegedly stealing Rs 10 lakh from her home in Mumbai's Kandivali area and eloping with her boyfriend, police said on Monday.
The girl, identified as Radha Gupta, and her boyfriend Amir Naushad Khan, a resident of Govandi, were held on Sunday from Kalina where they were hiding, an official said.
"On August 30, the girl stole Rs 10 lakh and ran away with her boyfriend. When her parents came to know of the theft, they filed a complaint with Kandivali police station. We nabbed the duo after placing their mobile phones under surveillance," he informed.
He said Rs 7 lakh was recovered from the girl. "She has told police that she wanted to help Khan start a business. The two met at a wedding in Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh," the official added.
Senior Inspector Nitin Pondkule of Kandivali police station said Gupta and Khan were produced in a local court which remanded them in police custody for one day.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Zoo Shares First Glimpse of Kiki, a Baby Red Panda
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes