Mumbai Woman Kills 23-year-old Daughter to Stop her From Eloping With Boyfriend
The woman, P Waghela 40, strangled her daughter, Nirmala Ashok Waghela, with a stole on Sunday at 9 pm at their residence in Pydhonie.
Mumbai: A 40-year-old woman has been arrested for allegedly killing her 23-year-old daughter as she was upset with her over her affair, police said on Monday.
The woman, P Waghela 40, strangled her daughter, Nirmala Ashok Waghela, with a dupatta (stole) on Sunday at 9 pm at their residence in Pydhonie, the police added.
According to the police, the accused did not approve of her daughter's affair with a man. She killed Nirmala when she was about to elope with her boyfriend, said a police officer.
"On Sunday, Nirmala was packing her bags to elope with her boyfriend. She had an argument with her mother during which the latter strangled her. She then approached the police and confessed to the crime," said the officer.
The Pydhonie police have registered a case under section 302 (punishment for murder) of the Indian penal code. "We arrested the accused on Sunday itself," he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Edge 2 Review: The Game Gets Murkier and More Thrilling
- #AmbedkarLongLive: Twitter Fondly Remembers BR Ambedkar on His 63rd Death Anniversary
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash