Stay Out of Trouble in US: Worried Parents Tell NRIs
The murder of Hyderabadi engineer Srinivas Kuchibhotla in the United States has left parents of NRIs in Telangana worried.
Srinivas Kuchibhotla (L) was killed and his friend Alok Madasani (extreme right) was seriously injured by a Navy veteran Adam Purinton (C) in Kansas.
Hyderabad: The murder of Hyderabadi engineer Srinivas Kuchibhotla in the United States has left parents of NRIs in Telangana worried.
Kuchibhotla was killed while two others including an Indian were seriously injured by US Navy veteran in a crowded Austin's Bar and Grill in Olathe of Kansas.
Parents have been advising their children in US "Not to get into quarrel or fights with people there".
Dr Rajkumar, president of the Telangana NRI Parents Association, told CNN-News18, "It is a very serious issue. It is a racial attack. After Donald Trump government has come to power, such incidents have increased. There is jealousy. The person who killed said go back from country."
He added, "We will immediately take up this issue with state government and Ministry of external affairs."
The parent community from the two Telugu states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana had also raised concerns after Trump administration's proposed visa reforms. However, with racial attack and hate crimes against Indians, the parents are in fear now."
"The situation is bad and parents are worried about sending children to US. Many are even asking their children to come back. There is no guarantee for life," Rajkumar said.
Recommended For You
- Brahmastra: Leaked Set Photos Show Alia Bhatt Miffed While Ranbir Kapoor is Busy on His Phone
- Bigg Boss 12: Karanvir Apologies to Salman After Teejay Took Dig at the Actor in Open Letter
- Watch Crowd Go Crazy As Avengers 4 Star Chris Hemsworth Bids Adieu to India
- 1st Ducati Panigale V4 Speciale Superbike Worth Rs 51.81 Lakh Arrives in India
- 'Enough About Ram': Can Ramayana's Sita be the Next Feminist Icon in India?