Muslim Marriage Condition: No Toilet, No Nikah, Says Maulana Madani
No toilet, no nikah. Maulvis and muftis in Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab have decided not to solemnise marriage in a house where there is no toilet.
Guwahati: No toilet, no nikah. Maulvis and muftis in Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab have decided not to solemnise marriage in a house where there is no toilet.
"Maulvis and muftis in Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana have decided that they will not solemnise the 'nikah' or Muslim marriage in a house where there are no toilets," he said.
Madani, who is also a former Rajya Sabha MP, stated this during the inauguration of Assam Conference on Sanitation 2017 conducted here in Khanapara last week.
"I feel that all religious leaders from all the religion throughout the country should decide that they will not conduct any rituals in houses where there are no toilets," he said.
Emphasising on cleanliness and sanitation, he asked people to use toilets and also to make not only Assam, but the country as a whole clean.
"There are two types of cleaning - one is external and the other internal. Both are interconnected, we will only be able to achieve the internal cleaning if our body is clean," he said.
Recommended For You
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra Looks Flawless in a Arpita Mehta Tiered Ruffle Saree; See Pics
- OnePlus 6 To Launch on May 21 With Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC: Report
- IPL 2018: The Curious Case of Sunrisers Hyderabad Pacers & Spinners
- Neil Nitin Mukesh, Rukmini Sahay To Welcome Their First Child
- Aladdin Review: Disney's Broadway Musical Creates Desi Magic, Charms Audience