Uttarakhand: Muslims Offer Namaz in Gurudwara on Eid-ul-Adha
Between 9 am to 10 am, around one thousand Muslim brethren offered namaz at the gurudwara to mark the festival and Hemkund Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee (HGPC) plied them with snacks.
Image for representation only.
Gopeshwar: In a show of communal amity, a Gurudwara in Joshimath on Saturday offered its space to Muslims to offer namaz on the occasion of Eid-ul-Adha.
"It was raining heavily and to spare our Muslim brethren the inconvenience of offering namaz in the open we offered to them the precincts of our Gurudwara in Joshimath for the purpose," Hemkund Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee (HGPC) chief Sardar Seva Singh said.
Between 9 am to 10 am, around one thousand Muslim brethren offered namaz at the gurudwara to mark the festival. The Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee also plied them with snacks, he said.
The local administration also lent a helping hand in making the arrangements.
The HGPC chief said they have offered their space for offering namaz to the Muslim brethren under similar circumstances in the past as well.
Joshimath is located on way to Badrinath and the famous Sikh shrine of Hemkund Sahib.
Recommended For You
- Taapsee Pannu Takes Jibe at Kabir Singh Director Citing Murder Case of 19-year-old Model in Nagpur
- War Teaser Trailer Starring Hritik Roshan Has People Contesting Memes With Super 30
- All Variants of The Apple iPhone XR Get Completely Sold Out on Day One of Amazon Prime Day Sale
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: The Echo Show 5 Goes on Sale For Rs 5,399 And This May be Its Lowest Price Ever
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: TCL's 2019 Edition of 4K TVs Starting Rs 25,999 With Amazon Alexa Built-in