Muzaffarnagar Riots Accused Found Dead Under Mysterious Circumstances, Son Alleges Murder
A case was registered against four people after Sodan Singh's body was found hanging from the ceiling of a room.
Muzaffarnagar: An accused in the 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots was found dead under mysterious circumstances at Sikheda village here, police said on Monday.
Sodan Singh's body was found Sunday evening hanging from the ceiling of a room, which housed a tube well, they said.
The body was sent for postmortem and the matter is being investigated, police said.
Singh's son has lodged a complaint at the local police station and alleged that his 60-year-old father was murdered, they said.
Based on the complaint, a case was registered against Anup, Rajesh, Sunil Kumar and Ramgopal, police said.
The communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in August and September 2013 had claimed more than 60 lives while over 40,000 people were displaced.
Singh was also named as an accused in a sexual harassment case.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Krushna Reacts to Siddharth's Comment on Sister Arti, Says How Can He Do This
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When