Muzaffarnagar Riots Case: Court Acquits 12 People Citing Lack of Evidence
An SIT had filed charge sheet against 13 people under sections 495 and 436 of the IPC. One person died during the pendency of the case.
Image for representation. (PTI Photo)
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A local court here has acquitted 12 people due to lack of evidence in connection with the 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots case. Additional District Sessions Judge Sanjive Kumar Tiwari acquitted them under sections 395 (dacoity) and 436 (arson) of the IPC on Tuesday in the riots case.
According to prosecution, an SIT had filed charge sheet against 13 people under sections 495 and 436 of the IPC. One person died during the pendency of the case.
During hearing, three witnesses, including complainant Mohammed Suleman, turned hostile and did not support the prosecution.
It was alleged that a mob set houses on fire and looted property during riots at Iisadh village in the district on September 7, 2013.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bollywood Film on Infosys Co-founder Narayana Murthy to be Directed by Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari
- Jennifer Aniston's Instagram Debut Turns Into an Epic Friends Reunion
- Watch: Adorable Video Shows Man Dancing with Stray Dog in the Middle of the Night
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro