Muzaffarnagar School Warden 'Strips' 70 Girls to Check for Menstrual Blood
Around 70 students of a residential school in Muzaffarnagar were stripped naked by a warden to “check for menstrual blood”, triggering protests by the girls’ families.
Lucknow: Around 70 students of a residential school in Muzaffarnagar were stripped naked by a warden to “check for menstrual blood”, triggering protests by the girls’ families.
The concerned students at the Kasturba Gandhi Girls Residential School said the female warden rounded them up and ordered them to strip and allegedly threatened them with a beating if they disobeyed.
“Some blood was found in the bathroom. The warden ordered us to remove our clothes. It was very humiliating for all of us. We want action against her,” one of the students told CNN-News18.
The warden, who was suspended, denied the incident. “Nothing of the sort happened. Some blood was found on the floor and wall of the bathroom. I wanted to check if everything was all right with the girls. Such young girls are sometimes unable to express... I just asked them if anything was wrong,” she said.
“I am strict when it comes to studies. That is why the girls don’t like me. They are being provoked by other staff members who want me to leave,” she added.
Local education department authorities initiated an inquiry into the matter.
Recommended For You
- Simmba: Ranveer Singh-Sara Ali Khan’s Tere Bin Will Take You Back to Yash Chopra’s Romantic Songs
- PUBG Vikendi Snow Map to be Released on 20 December 2018: Watch Video
- Oprah Winfrey Finally Reveals What She Felt After Tasting a Million Dollar 'Unseasoned Chicken' Recipe
- Meet The Manipur Startup Recreating Tea With Grandma's Secret Recipes Filled With Nostalgia
- Aquaman Movie Review: Jason Momoa, Powered by Amber Heard, Shines in DC's Newest Superhero Movie
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s