Mysuru Gau Raksha Dal Demands Ban on Beef, Writes Letter to PM Modi
A Gau Raksha Dal in Mysuru wrote a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi demanding complete ban on cow-slaughter in India.
Karnataka: A Gau Raksha Dal (Cow Protection Group) in Mysuru has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday demanding for a complete ban on cow-slaughter and stricter punishment for those flouting the ban.
They also demanded PM Modi to implement central anti-cow slaughter act to ban slaughtering of cow in India.
The Gau Raksha Dal has raised their voice a day after Modi broke his silence on cow vigilantism and said he felt enraged at such 'anti-social elements'. "Most of them who are claiming to be cow protectors are indulged in crimes by the night and masqueraded as cow protectors by the day," he had said.
Modi statement came amid the continuing outrage over the brutal flogging of four Dalit men by cow brigade members in Una in Gujarat.
Meanwhile, a massive protest has been organised in Bengaluru's town hall against the recent spate of attacks on Dalits across the country over beef.
More than 200 organisations are expected to demonstrate on Monday. There are reports that police has denied permission for the protest, the organisers have decided to go ahead.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- In Pics: Freida Pinto Announces Engagement to Photographer Cory Tran, Says All Makes Sense Now
- Tesla Unveils Electric ‘Cybertruck' in LA, Inspired From Blade Runner Movie
- Kartik Aaryan Tries to Troll Ananya Panday for Her Pants, She Shuts Him up with Epic Response
- Get a FASTag For Your Car, Unless You Want to Pay More at Toll Plazas From December 1
- 'Gonna Tell My Kids' is the Newest Meme in Town and Desi Twitter Has Given a Hilarious Twist to it