Nagpur Shivers at 3.5 Degrees, Lowest for Day in Five Decades
Ahmednagar in Central Maharashtra recorded the lowest temperature in the state at 3 degrees Celsius on Saturday in the last five decades.
People sit around a bonfire to warm themselves on a cold and foggy morning (Photo: PTI)
Nagpur: Nagpur city in eastern Maharashtra on Saturday recorded the lowest temperature of the day in the last five decades, said a Met department official.
The mercury plunged to 3.5 degrees Celsius in the city early morning Saturday, the Regional Meteorological Centre said.
Deputy Director General of Meteorology JR Prasad said that Nagpur had recorded a minimum temperature of 5 degrees Celsius on December 29, 2014, but today's low of 3.5
degrees is the lowest for this day in nearly five decades.
Ahmednagar in Central Maharashtra recorded the lowest temperature in the state at 3 degrees Celsius on Saturday, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 14 Written Update: Salman Khan Eliminates Koena Mitra on Weekend Ka Vaar
- PM Modi Becomes Most Followed Leader with 30 Million Followers on Instagram
- Priyanka Chopra Will Never Make Music with Nick Jonas
- Copenhagen Climate Summit: Arvind Kejriwal Reiterates Focus on Electric Buses, Odd-Even Scheme
- Ravi Shastri in 'Titanic'? ICC Hosted a Caption Contest and Memers Did Not Disappoint