Narendra Modi to visit Afghanistan in June to Inaugurate Salma Dam
File Photo of Salma Dam in Herat.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Afghanistan in June to inaugurate Salma dam in Herat. Modi will be in Herat on June 4 for the inauguration.
Salma dam is hydroelectric project on the Hari River at Chist-e-Shariff in Herat province near the border with Iran. The project cost is over Rs 1400 crore and the dam has been built by WAPCOS Ltd, which comes under the Ministry of Water Resources.
Modi is inaugurating the dam in June and not when he visits Iran keeping the country's sensitivities in mind.
The Prime Minister will fly to Qatar from Heart in Afghanistan and then to the United States of America.
Modi had inaugurated the Afghanistan Parliament built by India in Kabul in December 2015.
Recommended For You
- Photographer's Viral Picture of a Mystery Couple Has Led Thousands On a Search To Trace Them
- Twitter War - Tesla Surpasses Mercedes-Benz to Become Most Followed Car Brand Globally
- Ayushmann's Badhaai Ho Emerges As Big Favourite, Arjun's Namaste England Tanks
- Xiaomi Diwali With Mi Sale: Discounts Lined-up on Mi Phones, Mi TV And More
- Happy Birthday, Parineeti Chopra! Check Her Jaw-dropping Style Transformation in Pictures